A New Series: The Lure of Art

The new term has begun and I am excited to be once again working with Adam Grosowsky. He is a great Instructor and artist and Lane Community College is lucky to have him. I am lucky!

This term, he already instructed me to paint a series of paintings that will be along a theme and that are the same size.

I chose the 16 X 20 inch format. I will be painting on masonite panels. My theme will be fishing lures and fishing flies.

My dad was once a great fly fisherman--I have seen photos of us boys holding up steelhead and salmon that were bigger than us and I remember the early fishing trips down misty Oregon rivers. I was so proud when I caught my first rainbow trout.

I no longer fish but my dad loaned me a few hundred of his old lures and flies so that I can paint them.

Here is a couple of quick photos of "objects of art": a lure and two flies.




















Comments

Popular Posts