The Bedroom Window


"The Bedroom Window", Fountain pen on notebook paper. 12/27/2012. Daniel Balter



     It is winter and everything looks dead.

     A pale yellow light that makes me think of urine and cancer comes through my bedroom window. A cold draft filters up through the floorboards.

     I have buried myself under the blankets on my bed.  I am reading Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset. This book is helping me forget about my own troubles and flee to Medieval Norway and live through the eyes of Kristen--the main character of the book. She is a beautiful girl who becomes a woman. She is flawed but good.
 
     I love reading and writing and drawing; these three things help me live.

     I want to share with others what helps me live and what makes the hearth-fire burn within me, this is why I am starting this blog.

Comments

  1. Hello Daniel -

    Nice start of a blog, i like working on mine
    better than FB.
    Everything is dormant and asleep, not dead.
    I prune all my trees late January/early February,
    so the fauna won't feel the pain.
    Hope you had a Feliz Navidad and NOEL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark, Thanks for the comment. Yes, I know, everything will once again return. It is good to prune. I have been pruned a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Daniel,

    It's been awhile since I've seen you or read any of your words. I'll be haunting your blog ....

    Have a great year and I hope I see you around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Val. I also hope to see you around. Maybe Friday at No Shame.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts