A Replica Painting by Daniel Balter after Vincent van Gogh-Wheatstacks

This is the latest of my replica paintings. I painted it with soft, chalk pastels.

Pastels are perfect for making replicas of Vincent van Gogh's work because pastels are so bright--so saturated with color.
This pastel is after Vincent's "Wheatstacks with Reaper", which he painted in Arles, France in 1888. His original painting was painted in oil.

I have been learning by making copies--genuine fakes--of the work of the Masters such as Monet, Cezanne, and Van Gogh, and I am preparring to teach a weekend workshop in which participants will paint a copy of a masterpiece.
The first of these weekend workshops is called, "Painting The Masters: Van Gogh."

I am very excited to share the Masters with others!

Comments

Popular Posts