Daniel Balter: Self Portrait

I drew this self-portrait February 13, 2009.

I knew something was terribly wrong, but I didnt know what. It would be only another month and the world as I knew it would explode.

Being an artist and confused I looked in the mirror and drew what I saw--I was trying to figure something out--asking the old questions: who am I, who are you, and what does it all mean?

I still dont know the answers and I am still drawing.


Via Flickr:
An original graphite drawing by Daniel Balter. Graphite on 5 x 6.5 inch sketchbook paper.
Executed in Febuary, 2009.
Drawn only weeks before the crash came. This was the calm before the storm.

Comments

  1. Hi Daniel, Love the portrait. I’ve been doing portraits of this exploratory type for a while now and find them most revealing. Another interesting strategy is to group different drawings into a larger oil painting and observe the interaction between them.
    Just an idea- NicholasBazart.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts